Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September, September

In the morning when I step outside the air is crisp and fresh. It smells like fall now.

Man, am I happy that I finally finished all this posting about the game Survivor. It only took me a month. Oh, now that I mentioned the word month, yes: My wife left town for a number of months, work-related. So I am all by myself here, going to work everyday, and not cooking as much.

I bet this will reflect in the statistics of grocery-purchasing: I had to include a new category: processed foods (for frozen pizza). Also I think the snack and softdrink catagories will experience a total boost. To balance that the overall weekly cost will go down a lot (as well as fresh fruit and vegetables), probably to 50 or 60 bucks per week, or less.

We had a long weekend recently, I completely spent it doing nothing. 3 days of doing nothing. That was very nice. (I also played computer games a lot (Risen), and read a bit (Jack Higgins: The Eagle Has Landed; it drags a little).)

And now, humming an old tune (...ich lebte...so leer und frei...im September...da ist alles vorbei...), I say: Good Night.

No comments: