Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Welcome Back, Bass

Life is good.
I just came back from music making. Some local guys were short a bassist, and for some reason they asked me. A few weeks ago, out of the blue.

I've been learning bass lines ever since then, classic rock.
Today we had a very successful session, played some Creedence (Hey Tonight, Bad Moon Rising), Stones (Satisfaction of course, and Under my thumb, which by the way has an awesome bassline), and other songs like i.e. Hang On Sloopy, Mustang Sally, Another Brick In The Wall.
Next time I think we'll work on Jumping Jack Flash, and maybe some Billy Idol and ZZ Top.

I've never done this before, I have never bothered playing famous bass lines by other people. But it's fun, and it really improves my bass skills.

It's almost like in my university days, band practice twice a week... I just have to be careful not to fall back into old habits again - cigarette breaks, beer...

Good thing I brought my bass here last february, and good thing I bought myself an amp back then, too. How did I know? I didn't.
Guess I missed playing.

Not anymore.

No comments: