Sunday, May 1, 2011

Komm lieber Mai und mache...

Twice this year have I put away my winter coat, my winter boots, my winter scarf.
After the first time it was okay to take the winter wear out again, it would have been weird somehow anyway if winter had left without coming back at us at least once
(man, all those grammar lessons back in grade 8 and 9 really are paying off now).
In the past days we found ourselves enjoying the strong rays of the sun; we were sitting in the warm sunlight thinking about summer cigarettes and beer.
Then this happened:


We got ourselves a bit of a snow storm. Several inches of snow. Blown to big heaps (on my way to work today I sank into it up to my knees every now and then). Now please remember: This is may first. The first of may. A holiday, where I come from.

Where I come from, people are usually sunbathing in the park on this day. Enjoying ice cream and cold beer in outside cafés. All I can enjoy is icy winds and blowing snow.
Well, whatever.

I took the picture this morning, in the evening everything was different again. The snow has become wet and heavy (perfect for building the last snowman of the year), and the winds have slowed. I'm sure it'll be summer soon.

Oh, another thing:
I am considering to be to facebook again. Maybe I should have an account there again, because it's a nice tool to stay in contact with people that one doesn't bother staying in contact with otherwise. Or perhaps I shouldn't say "one doesn't bother", but "one is too busy for" or "one just never gets around to".
So I am seriously considering it.

1 comment:

Cheryl Vaillant said...

I don't think we got that much snow in one shot, the entire time I lived there. I thought it was bad enough here where I still needed gloves in the morning on May 1st.
It's even summer here now...+20