Sunday, May 29, 2011

Poker

Played poker last night from 8 PM until 4 in the morning. At a nice-looking poker table, all soft in the middle, saying Texas Hold'em on it. A round of seven.
I had some beers. Smoked a lot of cigarettes. Laughed my ass off frequently. Won 150 bucks.
Very enjoyable evening.

Luckily I don't work today.

Poker is an interesting game. Luck is involved, but to a smaller degree than I thought. Especially when you're down to three players or one on one you really have to push, regardless of your hand.
I guess it's up to you what you call it: either getting lucky or good bluff when your opponent folds after throwing so much of his money in the pot.
Fun game.
Even more if you end up winning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm incredibly jealous; and congrats for winning! Maybe we could play poker when you're in NS this summer.

-Anne

brato said...

I'm definitely up for it.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!

-A

Mikisew said...

When there's betting and money involved, I am always a donor...