Sunday, May 31, 2009

10 random weekend observations:

1. Gavin Hood's Wolverine Movie was strangely passionless and poorly written, therefore disappointing and boring. One would think that after conveying strongest emotion and telling epic stories just through facial expression and gazing in "Tsotsi", Hood could make Hugh Jackman at least a little bit look like he gives a shit. One is wrong.

2. Broth has nothing to do with Brothel.

3. I quote my sister: "You are great hosts! You're so hostile!". Little benefits for non-mother-tongue-english-speakers. Funtime for linguists. No cross to carry.

4. To the Conservative Party: Take your ads of the air, please. They are a shame. So Ignatieff lived abroad. Who cares? Do you actually think people are stupid and dumb? The time of attack ads, based on nothing but polemics is over. Conservative party, fuck off.

5. Rhubarb Coffee Cake. On saturday I had the pleasure to eat the most amazing rhubarb coffee cake. Home-baked by a very friendly Lady. She was so kind to give me the recipe. Also she's offered rhubarb. I'll take the offer. Man, I am so gonna bake.

6. What not to wear. The TV-Show. I decided to dislike it, for one simple reason: They don't directly tell people they could improve their clothing style, they make fun of them. All the time they laugh and grin and slag them off. Fuck you, Show, for talking bad about those who watch you.
Addendum: Been to a pub friday night. Kept commenting to each other about people and their style for 3 hours in a row. Laughed a lot. Had fun. BUT DON'T FUCKING DO IT ON TV!

7. Molson Exel contains 0.5% alcohol and almost tastes likes what they call beer here. Right now I have no other choice. Molson Exel, just for the fact that I can buy you right here in the convienience store at 11 PM: I love you.

8. Wrote a North-American-Continent-Style-Resume today. One page. Makes me feel good.

9. Have a craving for frozen pizza. Must find frozen pizza this week.

10. Saw a Hooters today. I am kind of curious now about the concept of big-boobed waitresses serving food for real men. Maybe I should go there and check it out. Unreal.

1 comment:

Astrid Rose said...

You are entertaining me. Bravo.