Monday, June 1, 2009

Follow up on yesterday's observations

1. Went to Hooters, had a beer and a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich with potato salad. The waitresses were all younger than me and were wearing orange hot pants and white or black shirts. Various TV-screens were showing three tv programs: sports, pimp my ride and more sports. Background music: Bryan Adams, Guns n'Roses and other tunes of the same caliber. The walls were wooden and covered with pictures of actual and former waitresses in orange hot pants and white or black shirts. Their asses are quite visible through the hot pants, their lower fronts however are cleverly hidden by some kind of belt bag containing waitress equipment. Breast sizes varied a lot. The food was surprisingly good, especially the potato salad. Overall I felt weirdly uncomfortable, so I finished eating and I left.
(Almost entered the Toys'R'Us right next door. Imagined family-fathers: "Go on into the toy store, son. Daddy is just gonna get his weekly dose of cleavage at the Hooters." - By the way: What I saw there today didn't make me hoot. Maybe I chose the wrong table. Damn.)
Is one supposed to stare at the waitresses? Will they react angry if one drools on them? Are they used to that? How does the concept of much female flesh showing goes together with eating lunch? Why do men bring women and eat with them? Or is it one of those you-get-used-to-it-things, no big deal, and after a while it becomes completely normal to stare at asses while munching burgers... that's probably it. But it doesn't quite come together for me.
Conclusion:
For food go to restaurant that has tableclothes and no tv. Bring partner.
For ass and other flesh go to live-performance club in Amsterdam. Good beer there, too. Bring partner, too.

2. HD-Wraparounds. They look so good on TV. Found them today in a store. Fuck HD, it's cheap plastic that get's easily scratched. Easily wearable on top of prescription-glasses? Fuck that, too:
a) you see the prescription glasses under them which makes you look like a dork
b) the HD's are freaking huge which makes you look like a dork
c) they come in pedophile-light-brown which makes you look like a pedophile
d) they come in yellow which also doesn't help
Conclusion: They suck.
Attention pedophiles: Maybe now that GM shuts down they'll give you a pair of HD's for free if you buy a van. Didn't you pray to your god for that?

3. Maybe the Conservative Party fears Ignatieff might bring word to this country that:
a) coalitions work just fine (they do it in europe all the time) and
b) that a proportional election system might actually really represent what the public votes for. Just an afterthought.

4. I totally didn't buy frozen pizza today although I had the chance. Fuck me! Now I want one and can't get one.

5. Being alone in a hotel room sucks. Repeat 'til succesful spin-in-head accomplished.

6. Today some poor homeless guy without teeth asked me for 40 cents. He did that right in front of the hotel. Nothing wrong with that so far, I gave him some change. But, and because I just wrote number 5 I remember it, he did it right the very moment when I said byebye and interupted us. After handing over some coins the doors of the van were already closed and the coda of my goodbye-ing (which was supposed to be a symphony in itself) was reduced to some window-knocking-bye-bye-waving insufficient crap. Result: Goto 5 and intensify emotion.
Hope he bought himself something nice.

7. Thanks for commenting. Will comment back, sometime in the future.

No comments: