Sunday, June 28, 2009

Distracted

I'm pretty sure by now that "History" is not among the stuff being shipped here. It's in storage. I put only one CD with the shipment, and that is Daan's "Profools". The foundation of my musical taste! The birth of it! Before Daan my answer to the question "What music do you like?" was "Uhm...Everything?". But then it got better and I became a music-snob, one of those scarf-tossing sniffish members of a group, always looking down on those who fail to damn everyday pop and who can't value the real musical achievement. Everything? You're not human! To the camps with you! You will never understand and, most important: You will never be a part of the new world order, OUR new world order! Which of course at that time meant listening to the same song over and over again while wallowing in all kinds of heartache, even if there was none to wallow in.
That's not Daan, I have to say that. My first Daan CD only kicked open the gates. (Which Queen could only shake earlier. Queen couldn't give me what I needed. Everybody was into Queen.) Daan made way for numerous other bands. That's what "Profools" did for me. It gave me an answer. Finally I wasn't half a person only anymore!
The other bands came and went. Daan is still here (well, being shipped here).
But I got distracted, that's not what I wanted to write about right now. I wanted to mention that I went running again today, another 20 minutes 'round the better part of town. For some reason it was considerably harder this time. Well, well. Next run: Tuesday.
Food yesterday: Leftover pizza from friday. Food today: Chicken etc. Weather: Overcast, windy, at times rainy.
And now I'm gonna eat several slices of bread with Nutella.

No comments: