Monday, June 8, 2009

Function over... & Other Things

1. Function over form.
So we need gear.
Yesterday I got a brand new rain jacket. Gore Tex and all. Black, breathable and everything. Good deal, too. Also it looks quite good.
Today I bought a pair of durable hiking shoes. Gore Tex and all. Pale brown, breathable and everything. Good deal, too. But: They kind of look like sneakers. I thought I was out of the age of wearing sneakers all the time (grade nine to eleven?). Ah well, they'll keep my feet dry in almost all weather conditions. They are also comfortable. And very practical. Repeat to yourself: eff-Oh-eff! Function over form!

2. Function over foam.
Yes, I need new shaving equipment. All this keeping the face smooth eats into my supplies like crazy.

3. Function over eff-off!
Went to the post office. Got there at 5:31. It closes at 5:30. Have to go again tomorrow.

4. Function itself.
The WiFi is quick again! Yay! Thanks, hotel! (Leave unsaid: Finally, after 2 and a half days!)

Farewell.

No comments: