Monday, June 29, 2009

The Way Of The Dodo / The Reader

Two things:
One:
My MySpaceMusic account suffered the same fate as my Facebook account today. I've deleted it. It's just too much effort to keep it up to date, on top of that I've always found the whole myspace layout confusing. Maybe I'll find a way to include some music here on my blog at some point.
Two:
I've watched the movie The Reader. I have also read the book by Bernhard Schlink, and I liked it a lot, especially for the things it doesn't tell or goes over lightly. The film however has to mention them more explicitly, but it does a good job of it. It's an overall nicely depressing tale of morality and it works well as a movie.
Of course they speak English with german accents, which is a little weird, and I had a hard time forgetting it's Kate Winslet I'm watching (kind of like in Valkyrie, where Tom Cruise, not Stauffenberg, wants to blow up Hitler). The Reader movie, severely more depressing than the book it's based on, ends on a high note, though. That is nice and made me smile. And the moral of the story:
Whatever you do, never ever let your first love haunt you for the rest of your life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I´m also currently test-driving an own blog and force my staff to write a blog for the company (they currently go nuts about that order).
Anyway, what I wanted to post is that there seems to be something new for even faster web postings called Posterous (http://posterous.com/).
I am still hesitating between the combination blog+Twitter or directly Posterous. A good Posterous example is http://www.steverubel.com/ a guy with a world-wide know blog who changed now to Posterous.
Don´t know, I am still hesitating on skipping blogging, I mean I just recently got used to Facebook. Seems the web is changing too fast for me.