Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Alien VS Predator Racoon by Jury

I actually tried watching Requiem yesterday. For some unfathomable reason I had still hope that it might be at least a little bit better than the abominable predecessor. It is not. It is worse. I won't even bother going into details like the completely fucked up timeline compared to the rest of the franchises (which, as we all know, should have been over after Predator and Aliens (though Alien 3 was alright and 4 just as Predator 2 at least tolerable...). I will not mention the ugly CGI predators and aliens during the exposition (which they should have skipped altogether). And no, I will not speak about killing off a little BOY 10 minutes into the movie (Hello?).
Do not watch this movie. Do not watch this movie.

Play Monkey Island instead. They're re-releasing a Special Edition this summer, talkie, done-up graphics and all.

Apart from that, and to follow up on yesterday's function over form:
I cannot find the jeans I want.
I cannot find the jeans that fit.
But I need a new pair.
Question: Is it alright to buy one that is cheap but doesn't fit perfectly?
Question re-phrased: Shall I sacrifice style for function?
Question re-re-phrased: Can I afford to dress like they dress here? I am European, for God's sake! Don't I have to... fly the flag or something?

Maybe I should ask the peeping-tom-racoon that climbed on the front porch's roof and looked into my in-laws' bedroom window last night. I have them put it on the phone next time. It might hold the answers. Actually, it might not.
Television might. Praise Television! That's where we find our answers. "Style by Jury" seems to be a good source. Or "How to look good naked". Praise W! Praise Slice!
Seriously.*
No, really.**

*Barf.
**Mop up barf and sell as show concept to TV.
He who is amazed by the unbelievable amount of crap broadcasted daily takes a wooden chair and smashes the tube.

1 comment:

Astrid Rose said...

Okay, I will help you draw the line: do not buy jeans you do not like. I have tried this. It is not effective. I say find an online store that sells the brand you do like. Order them. Have them come in the mail. It will make you happy. You are European. Enlighten this terribly style-less country.