Tuesday, July 13, 2010

EMERGENCY EXIT NOW

One:
I visit my blog everyday to check for comments and to read it myself :), and I have noticed that I found myself looking at that screenshot of Ja2 a lot. I click it big and look at it and imagine playing the game, and that makes me happy. Doing this gives me almost the same pleasure as really playing, and that is because (or so I believe) looking at the screen makes me think of playing the game back then, and how awesome it was back then, while actually playing it again today just does not give the same satisfaction, a phenomenon probably caused by age.
I just wanted to mention that.
And yes, I do look at that screen quite a lot, especially when taking breaks from playing.

Two:
Movies. More specific: Action movies. I am so looking forward to "The Expendables", just because (judging from Rambo) I am somehow convinced it'll be a somehow old fashioned action movie. Old fashioned here means: The nineties. I still believe that the last really good action movie was made in 1995 and is called Die Hard With A Vengeance.
Today there's just too much CGI in action movies, and therefore too much over-the-top action. John McClane on a fighter wing? Tanks falling from the sky? Fuck you, CGI. Jason Bourne didn't need you. Remember Charlie's Angels? Ridiculous, entertaining and yet somehow believeable. Part 2 then featured CGI military vehicles falling from a bridge and had no story. Terminator Salvation? Disappointment. Smokin' Aces? Could have been good, if it only would have had interesting characters or at least an okay story. Same goes for the A-Team. Entertaining, but completely pointless.
And I tell you what, Mister Carnahan: If the real Hannibal Smith had ever made plans like that, the whole fucking Team would've died a long time ago.

I have to go and brood over my mohawk doubts now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

da stimm ich dir zu, wer will schon 'Gusseisen mit Vermiculargraphit' in nem film sehn

anonymous

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that we are DIEING to see you guys! Can't wait until you get here! :)