Saturday, July 24, 2010

Vacation Time

Ah, civilization. Back in the big city. But I tell you, travelling in small planes is not one of my most favourite spare time activities. The only thing it has going for it is that it is about 10 times faster than the bus. The list of uncomfortabilities (?) is quite longer: expensive, not a lot of leg-space, bumpy, especially when flying below the clouds, I'm talking Achterbahn here, to the point of almost-barfing. The state of almost barfing is pretty interesting: Is it coming? Is it not coming? Should I grab the bag? Or not yet? Do I close my eyes or do I better leave them open? Think of something distracting, quickly! Yoghurt! No, not that! Liver! No, not fooooooodd.. baaaarrrrrfffffffff
The nice thing is, on a bumpy ride below the clouds they somehow manage to keep you exactly at the state of almost-barfing the whole time.
Right now I am sitting in an hotel lobby, enjoying complimentary wireless and a cold beer which actually says Pilsner on it. It was 5.60, so I had them put it on the room.
Earlier we went to see a movie at the cinema. I have to say I think I kind of have gotten used to living in bf-nowhere, enjoying movies on the small screen from our own sofa... Being in a multiplex again, with all those people with their stinking popcorn, chatting away.. I felt crowded, and a little bit sicked out by their sweat and their germs and their voices and everything. But then again, seeing a movie at the movie theatre is a nice thing to do. And because we only caught the late playing time we decided against the 2.5 hour Inception. Instead we watched the latest Angelina vehicle, Salt. Phillip Noyce, the man responsible for classics like Clear And Present Danger or Patriot Games did this one, desperately trying to deliver the next Jason Bourne. He doesn't quite succeed completely, still the movie is quite entertaining and certainly watchable. For some reason I really enjoy seeing spies climb building walls. And there are no flying tanks in it.
Holiday, here we come.

No comments: