Monday, December 28, 2009

9 to 5

5.30, to be precise. I have a job now. A regular daytime-weekday-9-5.30 Job. Guess I have to change my little profile text on the right.
I work at the local store, wearing the local-store-uniform (a vest), with a name-tag (with my name on it) pinned to it (chest, right side), carrying a security card with me at all times (using it to check in and out whenever I come and go), having memorized my security-password, typing numbers into the in-store-computer-system (gaining access to it using my security card and password), moving merchandise around, sticking tags to merchandise, filing files, making sure files match merchandise, making sure merchandise matches files and pinning anti-theft devices on (or through) merchandise.
The receiving end of the delivery boy business. Isn't that something.
Now my favourite spare time activity, rotating cleaning day (this week: monday. next week: tuesday. etc) I cannot do anymore. Cleaning day has to sidestep to a fixed weekend-timeslot. Not sunday. The Lord sayeth Fuck off on sundays and Thy be lazy on sundays. So it'll be saturday.
*sigh*
What I hated when I was young I am becoming now: My parent's house's cleaning schedule.
I must have missed a turn somewhere.

No comments: