Friday, December 11, 2009

Volleyball

Yesterday was the day of the annual wife's work christmas party. A big event with large amounts of delicious food and christmas music. People brought their families. Even Santa Claus showed up and gave people presents.
And games. Yes, there were games. The kind of game where somebody in charge makes people participate in ridiculous and embarrasing activities like putting on pantyhose with oven gloves or feeding people while blindfolded.
Thank god I don't work there.
Overall an okay event that lasted about 2.5 hours.

But before that, and I can still feel it in every bone and muscle of my body, on tuesday we went and played volleyball. The last time I had played volleyball was probably in grade 9, and I have only unpleasant memories of it.
In any case, since we were asked to go: we went and played. This village has about 6 or so volleyball-teams (like a team of cops, a team of teachers and so on). Apparently our team has never ever won a single game (or maybe one). Well, putting my wife and me on the team certainly didn't change the statistics. We lost. But, and who would have thought, it was so much fun that we will actually go again next week. I just hope it won't be as painful afterwards as it is now. Must be all the volleyball-related weird movements our bodies aren't used to.
Team sports. Gah.

No comments: