Thursday, October 14, 2010

And If He... Alters It?

The internet was down all yesterday evening well into today. What about my routines, connection? What about my chess moves (made 1, then zip), my emails (who t f cares, most of it spam), my news (more of the same)?

I was bored a bit, understandably so, which lead me to do something I don't do very often: I turned on the tv and after zapping full circle once I recognized a movie: The Blind Side.
Why not, I thought, I've been a Sandra Bullock fan for a long time. I remember about 9 or 10 years ago a good friend (bigger fan) had lots posters of her on his wall, one of them showing Sandra Bullock wearing a very short skirt, photographed from the front, and she was leaning towards the camera a lot. Looking at that poster I often imagined myself standing somewhere behind her.
However, so I watched The Blind Side yesterday for the second time (I have seen it before), and I think Sandra Bullock totally deserved the Oscar for her performance. This movie has now officially entered my personal list of movies that always make me cry. Other list entries are: Die Hard, no, just kidding. In fact, right now I can think only of one single movie, and that is Zärtliche Cousinen. No, I'm kidding again. It's Forrest Gump. It's always time for tears when he see his Jenny again (reflecting pool...). In The Blind Side: Whenever she tries to hide her emotions.

Well, today I finally finished dealing with the turkey leftovers: I made two pots of broth, turned one of them into lentil soup, froze the other one. I picked out all the meat from the bones, too. Now I have a medium sized pot of turkey meat in my fridge, and a pot of soup. I think this will last me until sunday.

Work related news: None. Boxes, boxes, everywhere. Christmas is coming. Better hide.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the movie recommendation! I will watch out at Pay TV tonight. And yes, these posters were HOT and definitely a printer color cartridge worth ;)

Two weeks ago I saw her movie "The Proposal" (the one where she is naked) and I have to say: she still got it!

Oh, relating good looking actresses: I have a tv series tip: just recently I discovered "Man Men". It’s about life in the 50s or 60s (ALWAYS smoking). But even more important is the actress Christina Hendricks! She even replaced Megan Fox from my personal "Best Looking Actress" throne...

brato said...

yeah I know mad men. season 1, at least. who's the actress? the head secretary? that the one you like? I can see why.

Unknown said...

Yes, the head secretary. Woo Hoo!