Sunday, October 24, 2010

Poker

Last night I played poker again with my boss and his friends. 20 dollar buy in, 10 buck re-buy. And what can I say, I won and went home 100 bucks richer than before. Yay.

Today at work I paid the price for it. Poker lasted until 3 in the morning or so, and I had to work all day today, inventory, counting stuff. Have you ever counted stuff with dead beer still in your system? Not a lot of fun.

Then again: One of the guys in fact had, you won't believe it, in his shed a totally unused spare satellite dish.
And he was so kind to give it to me - I borrowed it from him.

I tried to set it up after work today, but I think that fucking usb-dongle is just too old and weak. And really, satellite dishes like line of sight a lot.
But line of sight I can't provide.

I might try some more, but I don't have much hope.

By the way, praise to my microphone stand. It's so versatile. Last night when I came home and wanted to grab my towel after brushing my teeth I suddenly remembered the laundry, because my towel wasn't there.
Of course I couldn't throw it in the dryer in the middle of the night, so I transformed my mic stand into a great big T and hung my wet clothes (on hangers) on it.
Dry in the morning.

I like my stuff.

No comments: