Monday, October 4, 2010

Maybe I Should Find Out About Edible Mushrooms Around Here

So my wife's still out of town, this is week #6. After turning to frozen pizza for a while I have now decided to go back to real cooking. It just tastes better. Today, for example, I made a great big mashed potato-sauerkraut-pork-pea-mix-with-cheese-on-top-casserole. It's enough for today, tomorrow and wednesday.
If I had a camera, I would post a picture. But my wife took it.
Also I found that 1 person needs more money than 2 persons. Technically I should be fine with about 65 bucks per week, without struggling (this being half of what I spend for my wife and me averagely). But it's harder than I thought to keep to that limit, even though I hardly buy anything, no fancy stuff, just the basic food I eat.
However, this week my wife's gonna come home, and I am gonna cook us a turkey. Whee!

By the way, I've been working the whole weekend. Hopefully it'll get less busy now for a while. I've been planning to make some music or spend time doing similar creativity-based activities, but it hasn't happened yet: too tired, too bored, no inspiration...
My computer games are all boring lately, too. And the books I read mostly suck, too. I read too much of the same crap, I guess, always terrorists and lonesome heroes and assassins and spies; Bob Lee Swaggers and Jack Reachers (though these two are definitely worth a look).
I feel a need for some real literature rising up inside me. Something the caliber of "Jude the Obscure" maybe. Something that has a few more layers than one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

build a bird-house for the winter

bird

StB said...

"Jude the Obscure" is the worst book ever written. I've told you before, and I'll tell you again. Don't read this book!!!

Read "Dune". My favorite Sci-Fi novel. There are 5 sequels so you'll have enough literature to kill time for at least 2-3 weeks.

Brato said...

I've read it before and I'll read it again.
I've read Dune before, too, but I don't think I'll read it again anytime soon, the worn-on-your-leg-piss-recycler freaks me out too much.