Monday, August 31, 2009

The Fog / Quarantine

There was fog on friday. Or was it saturday morning? I don't remember, but that fog took our internet connection away. We were offline the whole weekend, it only came back like 3 hours ago. Connection, it's good to have you back.
We did some movie watching: Quarantine. I'm not usually into zombie movies, and I'm not usually into shaky handycam movies. This one happens to be both, and even though it has Jennifer Carpenter in it, who is kind of hot, Quarantine sucks, as my wife would phrase it, the big hard one. Quarantine sucks, sucks, sucks! The zombies come in too late, then nobody recognizes them as zombies ("Uh, I'm just a vet, but these are all... rabies symptoms"), the camera guy most of the time has to hold the camera instead of helping the others, the whole movie is predictable, apparently none of the characters has ever seen a zombie movie, so all the time they act completely like "Yeah, let's endanger my life!", since the movie plays the whole rabies-thing (and the infected people turn green and drool) no-one of the characters seems to be concerned about getting infected, they keep touching the green ones, also whoever wrote the script obviously had no idea about basic medical procedures, and, the final and best reason why this movie sucks ass: Jennifer does a whole fuckload of screaming and whining. Thank you, that's 1:28 of my lifetime I will never get back. Cloverfield at least has made me sea-sick.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no internet connection! I detest that and usually spend the entire time it's down hitting the reload button and swearing. It's never lasted for days. I'm afraid what i might do: probably start burning the neighbours houses. I hope it never comes to that. You are a strong man.

Brato said...

Well, I will always have Grand Theft Auto.