Friday, August 7, 2009

Sick TV Show (& Rhubarb Coffee Cake)

Right now I'm watching the sickest TV-Show ever about an even more sick event: Toddlers & Tiaras on TLC. A show about crazy mothers who obviously have serious issues and are trying to define themselves through their children by signing them up for beauty-pageants. That means new two week old babies in tuxedos being shown off on stage and 4 year old girls with hair pieces and make up wearing Las Vegas showgirl dresses dancing about and mimicking seductive movements shown to them by their mothers. And here's 3 year old Billy Bob from Bumfuck, Nowhere. He has brown hair and brown eyes and his life ambition is to grow up! It's the craziest thing I've ever seen, and the fact that I am watching it for the mere sickness of it is freaking me out even more. Nice play, TLC. Stop the show! Someone should go and have child protective services arrest the organizers of the beauty pageant and also the parents. What happened to children playing in the fuckin' mud? Or just PLAYING? Instead of setting their kids up for needing shrinks in later life those mothers should get mental therapy for themselves asap. Or a decent fuck from their husbands.

And now for something completely different: I've made the rhubarb coffee cake again, and again it tastes awesome. Here's a picture. It's still amazing to me that one can actually bake cakes kind of similar to the overexpensive ones from places like Starbucks at home... But now I'm out of rhubarb. Maybe I'll go and harvest that roadside-rhubarb I've seen.

No comments: