Friday, November 13, 2009

Apple Cake With Streusel

After going crazy over UPS's tracking website and finally deciding not to go there anymore and to just wait it out I found it advisable to bake a cake. So I did that.

I baked* a Traditional German Apple Cake With Streusel.

This cake is no calory bomb like the last one, yet it is as delicious. Juicy. Ahh. *sigh*
*To me, who speaks English as a second language, the word 'baked' sounds strange and weird sometimes. In those moments I am not only suspecting, no, I am convinced that the word must be wrong, that it can't be 'baked', that instead it has to be 'boke'. As in "Today I boke a cake." As in "bake, boke, boken". Writing these words now, however, makes me feel differently. As if the moment was over. Maybe it is 'baked' after all. Bake, baked, boken.

2 comments:

Astrid Rose said...

If I lived with you I would be fat.

Brato said...

Or working out (sometimes twice) daily. But keep in mind, it'd be fat in a "good" way, so to speak: 'happily fat', and if you were ever down there'd always be a way to cheer up again: more cake.