Thursday, November 5, 2009

Questing III etc.

1st: Remember the questmap? Well, all the quests are done now, except main quest number 1. Before that one can be completed, they have to do some internal subquesting, which will then, if all goes well, result in my name being put on a certain list.
An interview, so it seems, won't be necessary. Once you're on the list, they'll call. And when they call, you've got yourself a job.

2nd: I've got word from the computer people, apparently now all my extras have arrived in stock. The notebook will ship within 2-4 business days. I've decided to expect an order-has-shipped-mail on tuesday, that seems reasonable to me. The earlier the better, though.

3rd: While I was finishing up my questing today, I talked to some guy at yet another job-opportunity-place (it also involves a list). They're still busy doing some internal subquesting there, been at it for 2 months now. But it's important, and, as they say in a distant country, the mills of bureaucracy grind slowly. However, the guy told me to call in next week, so there's a small possibility that my name's gonna be on their list, too. That'd be two lists at the same time, which kind of doubles the probability of actually being called.

4th: My questing involved buying a money order. So I went to the only bank in town. After waiting for 15 minutes and then failing to produce a matching bank card I was immediately stigmatized a non-client. Non-clients pay more for services. For my 10 buck money order I was supposed to pay a 15 buck fee. Being a non-client really sucks. You can't do anything as a non-client. Can't cash government-issued checks, for example. They only thing I managed to do at that bank as a non-client was putting money into a client's account.
So for my money order I walked to the post office instead (which is considerably further away, and it's minus 5 degrees celsius). At the post office the fee was only 5 bucks. (And I hitched a ride on the way back.)

5th: Because the last oven-baked chicken was such a success, I've decided to make another one today. Mhh, that'll be a feast.

No comments: