Friday, November 27, 2009

Virtual

It's snowing again. According to the locals last year this time there was about a meter of snow. Today's snow, although an 2 inches only yet, looks as if it's about to stay. This snow means business!
I have this nagging suspicion in the back of my head, some voice insisting I've been spending to much time in the virtual worlds lately. Hanging around too much on the fictious island of Faranga, slashing saurian warriors and looking for either titan armor parts, hidden treasures and other artifacts or both. Driving around too much through the non-real streets and avenues of Liberty City, running over innocent pedestrians, stealing cars, shooting gangsters and throwing molotov cocktails at cops and gang members alike. Buying suits. Watching in-game TV. Listening to in-game radio shows.
The weird tingly feeling in half of my left hand seems to support my suspicion, it also suggests a possible strain from overworking those WASD keys. But do not worry! I've started taking pills against that! Nothing will interfere with my shooting/stabbing/fireballing/frosting virtual people/beasts/monsters!
And today I open the curtains and see: Snow. And later today, when I'll cook the roast beef, I'll think of it as fried meat taken from a black wolf, or as a shark steak purchased from that fish vendor in Harbor Town, giving me 15 experience points and 15 health points. That should take care of that left hand strain, too. If it doesn't, I'll spend one non-existent dollar at Cluckin' Bells for a life-restoring chicken burger.

No comments: