Thursday, November 26, 2009

Roastbeef

Tomorrow I'm gonna make roastbeef. It's gonna be the first roastbeef I'm cooking myself, and I am kind of excited about it. They had it at the store, and after passing it by on monday, thinking: "Nah!", I couldn't resist and bought one on wednesday. 1200 grams for 18 bucks.

After a week or so of having the new computer I must say that I am very happy with it. I won't write a detailed review on it (already available i.e. here), all I can say that whatever I did on it so far (gaming, image processing) worked flawlessly and fast. When I find time I will soon try some music making.
Before purchase I was concerned about possible fan-noise issues, but I've found that the system even on GTA4 hardly ever goes onto full-fan-speed (and even that is less noisy than full blast on my old ASUS. Full blast on the D900F is as noisy as an average desktop. But most of the time I don't even notice the fans going, though, only when it's really quiet (like at night). Temperatures under load settle between 70 and 80 degrees Celsius, that also is better than my old ASUS (which frequently hit 90 while gaming).
I cleaned out the last junk-files from the autostart (though on this machine I don't really have to worry about one or another crappy background process), and there are no stuck pixels. Very cool.
Awesome machine.

And now, well, soon-ish we're gonna have pizza. Yum.

No comments: