Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tuna-Casserole

Today I made a tuna-casserole. It's a pretty simple dish to make, here's how I did it:

Take the equivalent of two cups of elbow noodles and boil them. Fry one large or two smaller onions and about 200 grams of mushrooms. Cut two to three medium sized carrots.

Put some oil into your casserole dish. Open a can of tuna and a can of cream of mushroom soup (I prefer Campbell's less salt), dump that stuff into your dish. Uncooked cream of mushroom soup always looks like Moppelkotze, which is okay, so please do not worry about it.
The onions and mushrooms should be done by now, throw them in there, too, and mix it all nicely.

When the noodles are done, drain them. I usually keep the hot water and cook my carrots in it, alternatively you can always throw the carrots in with the noodles a bit earlier. Mix the noodles with the contents of your casserole dish, then add another vegetable of your choice (I picked yellow beans because that was all I had, green beans would have been better - more colour variety.)

Finally add the carrots, stir them in, and put cheese on top. Because we didn't eat this immediately, I covered it up and put it in the fridge. If you want to eat right away, just preheat your oven to 350 and leave it in there for half an hour.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

Mikisew said...

Looks great! I never think to cook things like that... I get into food ruts.