Thursday, March 4, 2010

Annual Festival

I have just been recruited into the supermarket's square dance team.

This week they have all kinds of events taking place (it's some kind of annual festival), and square dancing will be tonight. Apparently every company or similar in town has their own square dance team for oocasions like this.
We did a 20 minute practice session without music to guarantee maximum fun for tonight.

Also I half volunteered half was asked to sing a song tonight at the same venue. Apparently several people from here will be singing songs, too, accompanied by a band, and representing their workplace. So I am one of three (as of right now) singing for the supermarket.
I'm gonna sing the hair song, which I wrote myself. I've met the band yesterday, we played the song twice, and they kind of turned my slightly reggae-ish original into speed country.

I can't help myself but I'm looking forward to do this (not so much the square dancing, but the song).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A company song? Sounds somehow weird, but also exciting to me! Can you record the song? Or post the text here?

Brato said...

not exactly a company song. any song. i dont really understand this representing stuff myself, but it's a good enough reason for me to go on stage :)