Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Socks

My wife is back in town which is nice.

Now that the winter finally seems to be over (everything is melting - wich causes great and awesome mud by the way, the kind that sticks to your shoes and builds up and five meters later your walk like an elephant), I for the first time wore my new winter socks, the fancy expensive ones that I bought last september or so.
And these socks really are something. It starts when you put them on, they are somehow shaped to the foot, every part from heel to toe slips right into the correct position. Inside the socks there's some kind of fluffy material, but very subtle, you only feel it when you walk, it's like walking on plush.
Last but not least some clever designer put these red lines on the socks' outside, and they make them really look cool, space-ish maybe, or UFC-ish. Oh, and the socks are also very warm, very very warm.
(Sometimes it's cold at work.)

Yesterday I re-found a nice song to play on my guitar here in bf country music land, an old Tammy Wynette (?) or Patsy Kline song: Stand by your man. It's a lot of fun to sing it, especially when people seem to believe it really should to be sung by a woman.

Therefore I'd like to dedicate this post to "something warm to come to".

Thank you.

No comments: