Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lifetime I Will Never Get Back

I'm going to the movies a lot.
Saw "Inception", which is actually as good as they say. If you like layered dreaming, that is. Which I do. The film is a bit confusing at the beginning, but once you get it, it's just great to see how it all comes together. Nice work, Mr. Nolan.
The music, by the way, is awesome. Great work, Hans. Wonderful soundtrack.

Then, for absence of a better choice, I went and watched "The Other Guys". This movie is a lot like "Cop Out", only funny. This of course doesn't make it a good movie, but at least it is funny here and there. Not like "Cop Out", which utterly sucks.
Sometimes I think they don't make good movies anymore. Remember those buddy-movies from the eighties and nineties? Which were funny, but not stupid, and had action, not CGI, and had a story, which was believable? Like for example Lethal Weapon, let's say, 3, or maybe Rush Hour 1? Or Die Hard With A Vengeance? 48 Hours?
Well, "The Other Guys" is at least watchable. It has it's moments.

Today I'm gonna go again, and I think I'll watch "Salt" again. Yes, I have seen it before. But I liked it. And I don't wanna see anything else now playing.

And tomorrow, tomorrow I'll definitely go and watch "The Expendables". Whoohoo!

No comments: