Friday, August 13, 2010

Old Man My Ass

I just came back from the movie theatre, and I have seen 1 movie and 3 trailers.

Red
Has Bruce Willis, that is usually enough for me. I'll watch it.

SAW 3D
Is this really necessary?

Takers
Honestly, it looks like it should have gone straight to video.

The movie I've seen was of course The Expendables.
What fun! Didn't need a lot of brain for this, but that was expected, wasn't it? And I totally want to watch it again, just for all the stupid one-liners and all the severed limbs and blood splatter and explosions and knifing and hand-to-hand-combating; and for the awesome scene involving Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Minor annoyances of this film are in my opinion the completely useless guy from Dexter, totally unbelievable, and the sometimes really shaky camera. Story has some holes, too, but who cares?
What did I read somewhere on IMDB?
Think Rambo, but with 5 Rambos and 2 of them know Karate. That sums it up pretty nicely. Plus Rambo (Stallone) is not so annoyingly serious this time. Shoot a guy, crack a joke, blow a building, crack a joke! Get a bit emotional, and... crack a joke!

Way better than A-Team.

No comments: