Thursday, August 26, 2010

Survivor Tale #13

They voted me off.
Those backstabbing Purple traitors voted me off.
It made sense to me, but I couldn't believe it.

It should have been Blondie!

I walked away from the circle of players to join those who'd been voted out before, whose fate I now shared. One of the helpers pointed out: You were too strong. They voted you off.
Ah, I said.
Motherfucking purple traitors.

I went to get myself a beer, after that I preferred to sit by myself for a while. Quite disappointing. The game master and her helpers were busy setting up the next task, creating some mysterious wooden structure that reminded me of gallows. It looked like they could use some help by a tall guy. I didn't feel like helping them at all. You can build your gallows yourselves. I looked to the right: My former opponents were all happy and merry.
Yeah you fuckers, there you have it, I thought. The next challenge is gonna be "Hanging By The Neck", and whoever doesn't shit themselves and is still alive at the end wins immunity.
Good luck.

I must confess I was a little bit disappointed, but at that time I also understood an important thing about this game: Always be nice and friendly to everybody, but when it's good for you, don't hesitate to stab them in the back. Twist the knife.

Heureka: Half of the game is about how much of an hypocritical asshole you can be.
Other half: Physical accomplishment. Win challenges, make sure they can't fuck you over.

At least I had made it to the top 7. I felt for those who'd been voted off early. If that had been me... I mean, you don't get to participate in any of the challenges and games. Instead you get to set them up and watch others play. All work, no fun. Sucks.
After half an hour (or a bit longer) I felt better and was able to really smile again.

I went over to the gallows, where the next challenge was about to start.
It wasn't Hanging, it was more like Standing.
Standing on a post under the burning sun, holding up one arm, which is tied to a bucket, which is filled with water. Your arm gets too heavy - you get wet. And you're out.


The game master gave the signal, and for about 10 minutes nothing at all happened. The first to splash himself was J.T., followed by, if I remember correctly, the Orange one. Then Stephanie and James.
15 minutes had passed, the next 15 minutes brought no change. Shambo and Amber just stood there in the heat like they were statues. Maybe a twitch of a muscle here and there. Shambo kept talking to people, Amber had zoned out to somewhere only she knew.
The game master started thinking aloud about making them lift up one of their legs, making them stand on one foot to speed this thing up.
I wanted Shambo to win.
But she didn't. After 37 minutes she had to step down, granting Amber immunity.

The game master called for tribal council immideately, for this had taken longer than expected and there was another challenge to come. An award challenge.

They sat down, voted, and Blondie had to go. Nice how you went with the plan after all, you Purple traitors.

The award challenge was: Surprise: Standing on poles again, this time with their hands (not touching) on their heads, elbows sticking out. That seems easier than it actually is. Last one standing wins an outstanding evening meal and can choose another player to share it with.
Long story short: James won this one, but he gave his prize away to Amber & Shambo (Whooo, everybody started to whisper, wasn't this an awesome strategic move in order to get rid of them so the other 3 could peacefully plan crazy conspiracies? Yes, it very likely was, everybody agreed.)
By sticking with the larger group he probably wanted to prevent them from allying against him.

Back to the cottage! Since this was the last evening, we had to make sure to use up all our liquid supplies. No use in taking full bottles and cans back to the mainland, right?

Party!

3 comments:

CO said...

Those vicious purple bastards!! :) I've been checking for your #13 for days and was very happy to see it. I love seeing it from your point of view because, as the game master, I always only see it from the outside. Can't wait for the final tales!

Brato said...

thank you. I still could use some more pictures.. can you send me some?

CO said...

I need to get them off my #*$&#)$&*# camera! Promise - next week for sure!!!!