Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day Off

Today I had a day off.

Yesterday I worked all day, most of the time moving displays of products to different locations within the store. (This is according to the idea: If it doesn't sell here, it'll sell over there.)
At least until the store had to close temporarily because things that were supposed to go down the drains suddenly decided to go up instead, causing a number of small floodings and a disgusting smell. No poo, though, but a lot of stinking water and something brown and gooey. Probably grease from the in-store fast food restaurant.
The men armed themselves with buckets and mops to fight the floodings, the smell was neutralised with air fresheners, plumbers were called in. Two hours later the store re-opened.
Cause for the incident: So far unknown. To me, that is, but how would I know, after all I had a day off today.
That reminds me of Whitney Houston. Poor Whitney.
Maybe it's time to watch Bodyguard again. See Kevin Costner jump out of the window into Oregon's snow, trying to shoot Portman with his eyes closed. And then dream a bit to the Saxophone solo of "I will always love you".

Uaha. *shaking myself*

Something unrelated: Almost empty Nutella jars have been accumulating in the cupboard over the past months. So since I had a day off today, I thought I might as well get rid of them.
I rinsed out the Nutella jars with a mix of brewed coffee and milk, mixed about one tablespoon (that was all I had left) of cocoa powder into the result and then I used that mixture to bake a chocolate cake.
Yeah, a lot of mixing was going on here.

The cake looks like this and turned out to be very delicious.

(chocolate cake)

1 comment:

Astrid Rose said...

wow. that looks amazing. send me a piece.