Saturday, February 20, 2010

Royal Albert Hall

I think the best piece of music Ennio Morricone ever wrote is the one for "A Fistful Of Dynamite" (original title "Giù la testa"). I could listen to it all the time. What a choir.
Which reminds me of the only downside of breaking up with one of my past girlfriends. Breaking up with her about 3 years ago ultimately robbed me of the chance of seeing Ennio Morricone live, because the whole lenghty process of dumping her drove from my mind the notion of attending the concert in Paris.
Perhaps the chance will present itself again. Unlikely though, with 1 show every two years. Also the man is over 80.

let's check online...

FUCK ME!

THERE IS GONNA BE A CONCERT ON APRIL 10 IN LONDON!

I'm buying tickets.

No, I have to wake up my wife first!
And I have to call my good friend in Berlin, who for sure wants to come, too!

Fuck, I don't have his number anymore. I can't call him!
And I can't wake my wife! Too complicated.
I'll tell her in the morning: We're going to LONDON!

UNDERSTAND: IT MUST BE NOW!
If I wanna go, I have to act now, or it will be sold out!

I'm buying tickets.

wow
I can't believe I'm doing this!



IT'S DONE.

We're going to see Ennio Morricone, Live At The Royal Albert Hall!

Fuck me, life is good.



-----------
Given that I had planned to write about my workday and only started with Ennio because on a whim I decided to listen to his music while posting, this half hour's development is pretty exciting.

2 comments:

Astrid Rose said...

The best kind of fun is that which happens FAST! Oh man, I'm excited for you and I don't even know who the guy is! perhaps I should look into it.

Brato said...

Try: Once upon a time in the west, Chi Mai, Le Marginal, The Untouchables, Nobody, For a fistful of dollars, The good the bad and the ugly for a basic idea.