Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pop

Man, people buy a lot of pop. I devoted half of my worktime to refilling the drinks-shelf today. What a variety. Every sort has least three sub-sorts, usually named weight- or colorwise: Regular, Light, Max, Orange, Lime, Root, Berry, Caffeine-Free. Especially orange and lime are very neon - like radioactive liquid. I put 591ml and 1l bottles into the fridges, 2l bottles and 12can packs onto the shelfs.
In between I went back "backstage" (as I like to call the storage- and delivery area of the store) to get more, and when I came back out people had already bought various amounts of pop and with that destroyed my nice and tidy piling. What had just been an awesome immaculate wall of pop suddenly was full of holes.
But who cares.
I, who buys maybe 3 bottles of pop a year, just find it amazing how much of the stuff is sold every minute, even here in BfNoWhere.

For some weird reason I bought myself a DVD today. For 3 bucks. "The Matador" with Pierce Brosnan. I have no memory of this movie at all. I have never heard of it. But I like Pierce Brosnan. We'll watch it tomorrow.

Right now I am listening to Martin Böttcher's Winnetou-Melodien. (listen here & here)

Da kommt Freude auf.

No comments: