Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bye Belly Bye

Receiving boxes goes like this: Go to the pallet, cut the plastic wrap, remove the plastic wrap, and as you take down the boxes scan them with a handheld device. Then stack the boxes back up in a different place.
Every pallet contains between 15 and 50 boxes, depending on their sizes. Today I received 8 pallets or some 260 boxes, which gave me a nice feeling of accomplishment.

Why do I mention this?
Well, since yesterday I explored the lesser levels of Niveau (or the subbasements of good taste), I thought today I might give an example of what is good and morally spotless, and what is that if not good old honest work. Yes, I think today I was totally worth my ten bucks an hour.

Speaking of good taste, due to the fragile state of digestive system today I decided to take the safe route and bought myself some crackers for lunch. That didn't really turn out well, because I am from abroad, and that is why I know perfectly well which i.e. German cookies taste like crap and which are most delicious, while here in this country I have my difficulties even with comprehending the difference between cracker and cookie.
So I ended up with these really salty and flavour-free thin crackers. Definitely not something I would ever buy again. I employed a bottle of coke to wash them down.

Which brings me to the next thing: I am hungry. And here's the question: Should I choose wisely again and eat some dry bread or worse, cooked carrots, or should I just go crazy on myself and eat that leftover chili which is sitting in my fridge and calling my name.

I really want that Chili.
I think I am gonna eat it.

PS: Whoever wrote that comment about brown water at children's birthday parties - hello? Those things don't go together (only if the children produce it themselves, in that case though it would hardly be considered a party, it'd rather be fecal slaughter in the play room).

1 comment:

Astrid Rose said...

if you feel like eating the chili, you belly can probably hack it. oh and the flavourless crackers are my favorite kind! mostly because it's like giving air some crunch.