Monday, May 17, 2010

Episodes From BF Nowhere

While opening boxes my thoughts usually wander, and mostly I imagine driving in a stolen car through a virtual city, running over people et cetera. And I think: Wouldn't it be nice now to take the rest of the day off and go home and do that? And I keep thinking that until I get distracted or until five o' clock. (It's not necessarily limited to GTA. It also works with running through Khorinis, Myrtana, Faranga, the wasteland; or founding cities, or being extra stealthy while shooting people etc.)
And then I go home and cook and do all those other things one is required to do in a household and when everything is done I sit down and drive through virtual Liberty City and run people over etc. but after ten minutes I get bored and shut the game down and do something else instead. Of course then I see the ten minutes were really more like forty minutes, but that doesn't matter.
The thing is that I've looked forward to do that the whole day and then I get bored after such a comparatively short time. Isn't that weird?

But then again, who cares.
I'm drinking lots of cold tea so I don't get dehydrated, the cake tastes very good, I have chocolate in the house (from Europe, whee) and, very important, it only takes half an hour or so before I start thinking about driving through Liberty City again.

So I sit down...

No comments: