Sunday, May 30, 2010

Singer/Songwriter

I just found this on youtube.

I suddenly remembered: A guy named Sven played this on a guitar for us once in a small club in Berlin after a Croiled Kondoes show.

Then I found this, and I remembered I had to sing this song in music lessons when I was in school, grade 7 maybe. Back then I hated it.

But my favourite Gundermann song so far is still this one. I understand that being confronted with the looks of this guy you might not be 100% able to enjoy his music, so if that's the case, check out this version of the same song. But know that Gerhard Gundermann always refused to live off his music alone to prevent its commercialization. He operated an excavator in a coal mine and often went from a concert directly back to work, or straight onto the stage when his shift was over. Maybe he just didn't find time to get his hair done properly.

No comments: