Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1st

Did I say it was summer here? Did I mention children wearing shorts and t-shirts and no shoes playing in the sun? Did I talk about perfect barbecue weather, about sitting outside having food and about being bothered by the first bugs of the year?
(Super-monster-huge blood sucking insects, by the way.)

No I didn't, but I could have because it would have been the truth.

I know in other places like for example Berlin, Germany, on may 1st they always do demonstrations and street fights between cops and leftwing/rightwing people, the latter wearing hoods and throwing stones and turning over and burning cars, the former wearing shields and helmets, throwing water from water throwers and beating everybody up with night sticks.
Well, they don't do things like that here in BF. People probably planned on getting drunk a little bit here and there or smashing their guitars or something.

But today we are having a nice little snow storm: Wheee!
People are very likely still getting a little drunk here and there.
But the monster bugs won't survive this. Take this, fucking monster bugs!

No comments: