Friday, September 18, 2009

Big City

How do you determine if a city is really a city and really cosmopolitan and stuff? Just count the adult stores in the downtown area. The more you see without looking for them and the bigger their signs are, the more city-esk is the city.
I'm in Toronto right now. I walked down Yonge Street and saw at least 4 adult stores. Later I walked down Queen and through Kensington, and I think Toronto is pretty cool. Reminds me of Berlin a little bit.
After living out in bumfucknowhere for so long citylife is quite overwhelming at first. But it's also nice. We went into a bar last night, played some pool, there were three live-bands playing, nice music (some kind of emo-country), great variety of different beers available...
And I got my socks and t-shirts. No pants though, didn't feel like looking for them.
Soon I'll be on my way to the airport again.

No comments: