Friday, September 4, 2009

Chick Flick

So today we've watched "He's not that into you". It's one of the worst movies ever. Or let me rephrase that: If you make it through the first 60 minutes of it (which needs all your power), you might actually be kind of entertained by the last 30. Maybe perhaps, that is (and most certainly because by then you will have have gotten used to the movie or simply won't care anymore). This movie is full of superficial characters who do superficial things, get stuck in stupid circles of thought, don't listen and don't tell. It has Ben Affleck in it. And Jennifer Aniston, who as usual plays the same character as in all her other movies (i.e. "The Break Up", which also sucked, for the same reasons). On top of that the writers have poured every single dumb cliché about relationships, marriage and dating into "He's not...". I thought I could handle chick flicks, now I'm not so sure. Making me watch it was probably my wife's revenge for making her watch all the James Bonds up to 1989.
Well, at least "He's not that into you" had the "Die Hard 4" sidekick actor in it, whose performances I've grown to like (as in "Drag me to hell"). His character is the only believable one in the movie, well, for half of it, unfortunately they later let him share the fate of his fellow co-characters. Awesome. I could barf all over the place.
One last bit of advice: If you ever, for whatever unlikely reason, find yourself choosing between "He's not that into you" and "Bride Wars", do not choose the latter. We've tried to watch that one. We lasted about 3 minutes, then we had to burn the DVD and the player. It's so bad, so plain dumb, we had to brush our teeth and rinse our eyes out. Literally.
I have to go and watch "Cliffhanger" now. And "The Last Boy Scout". And "Conan".

1 comment:

StB said...

I liked both "He's just not that into you" and "The break up". The first one has one of the best ass and tits grabbing acting ever (Scarlett in the office) but I have to agree... it's not very new, clever, fresh, and so on. For some reason I just like to listen to them, when they talk about their relationships, as if any of those beautiful people ever have a problem of finding another beautiful mate to hump. And "The break up" has Vince Vaughn, who I could listen to every day. Except in "Fred Claus". That movie sucked. Balls. Big red Santa balls.