Sunday, September 6, 2009

Work

At 10 AM today I went to the supermarket to work there. That took the whole day and gave me 2 free meals, a number of cups of coffee and 100 bucks. Unfortunately for the near future, like next week, there's no more work scheduled, but they say they want to offer me something regular in october. Sounds good to me, because we'll be doing some traveling for half of september anyway. The supermarket staff is very friendly, but then again all the people here are very friendly. Very friendly people!
Too bad I don't speak French. The Boss said something in French to me today, to check out my language skills. I thought: Should I use my limited knowledge now and say something like "Il y a des nuages dans le ciel" or "Vous avez une contusion" or "Le soleil brille"... but before I could think that thought to the end I was already done saying: "Excuse me?"
Ah, well, whatever. Week 14 of being here is over today, and in the last two weeks I've managed to cut down the average weekly grocery bill by another 20 bucks (compared to the average of week 1-12). I like that. Let's see if I can keep that up.
And one last thing for now: I must say I really enjoy playing chess online against my friends.

2 comments:

StB said...

What, your playing chess with other people than Meeee?

Unknown said...

Dear Brato,
I was very glad reading in this entry that you could work a little bit in the supermarket. Do you know that you are in the footsteps of your grandmother Elli, grandaunt Edith ,granduncle Paul and grandcousins Jutta and Manfred who all had worked succesfully in supermarkets or in trade? Maybe you can improve your French?