Sunday, September 27, 2009

Concerned Celebrations

There is one reason to be concerned and three reasons for celebration.
Celebration reason #1: Back to Highspeed. No further comment.
Celebration reason #2: This is post number 100. It's a round number! 100 posts! I'm so excited. Yeah. Next.
Celebration reason #3: For more than one year I have not smoked a cigarette. The actual date was september 23rd 2008, 10 PM. That indeed is a good reason for some celebration. I like it. Though it's starting to feel awkward talking about with other people:
Person 1: Oh, I so wanna quit smoking!
Person 2: Oh, I so should quit smoking!
Person 3: I haven't smoked since february, except at parties, like a pack every 2 months.
Person 4: Stop smoking? Yeah, next year.
And then I say my line and another conversation hits a dead end. But well, as I said, I like it. Guess I had no choice, after justifing 10 years of smoking with saying I'll quit before I turn 30. (Mh, a good six months to spare there. I think these six months could still count as smoking credit time? I'll use 'em up after I turn sixty.)

Reason for anti-celebration: My cat-allergy seems to be getting worse. I think I also have developed at least a minor dust allergy. I have a lot of trouble staying in cat-infested (meaning 1 cat lives there, or 2) households, adjusting to them, even if I take anti-hystamines. It's not just stuffed nose and some sneezing anymore, it's starts with that, goes to loads of sneezing, and loads of stuff in the nose up to coughing and a swollen feeling in my throat. Fresh air cures it almost immediately, though (inside half hour). I guess I'll have to take a lot of walks and strolls this coming week.

Tonight I'm gonna go and see Inglorious Basterds.

No comments: