Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to Civilization

One week of no internet. Can you believe it? It went down somewhen at night last week, and didn't come back up. The first day it was okay. The second I thought: Ah well, I've survived worse things. On thursday I got a little worried. When it wasn't there friday, I lost hope: Nobody works on the weekends! Who should bring it back? And yes, no internet on saturday. No internet on sunday. And today, at 9 in the evening, finally: High speed.
But wait: We traveled. We're on holiday. We're in the big city. In a hotel room. Thank you civilisation, here, have us back. (We just had some beers at a rooftop restaurant. Wheee! After no beer for like ever these ones really tasted great, even for such a beer schmock like I am, beer flavour spoiled European.)
And one more thing: We had some plums hanging around in our fridge, my wife got tired of them, so I decided to make a good ol' plum cake. I didn't know how to make it, but remembered what it had to look like. Kind of like pizza-dough with plums on top and some sugar. So I did that. Made pizza dough, cut the plums in halfs, put them on top, a bit of sugar over it, into the oven for 20 minutes, et voilá: Plum cake. And it tasted just as it was supposed to taste: Awesome.
So much for now, I have to make some chess moves. (Oh, my fellow online chess partners, how long you've had to wait! - I hope you don't get unfair advantage from the fact that I am under the influence of alcohol.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

civilization is swell. welcome back.