Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hot September

The last few days it's been so hot here, the AC is running at all times. My instinct of survival makes it almost impossible to leave the house at all, except at 6:30 AM for our almost daily morning run (which by the way was especially good today, all the way to the airport and back at a steady and rather fast pace and without any walking). I think I will soon continue to work on my graphic novel, 9 months of a break from it I guess is more than enough.
People always seem to wonder-slash-inquire about me being a stay-at-home-husband. Nobody wonders about stay-at-home-wifes. People also talk about purpose in life; as if not having a job meant losing one's soul, one's brains and one's right to exist. I wish they'd stop. Having a job will never be my first priority in life.
I'm in for some part-time work, though. Applied for 4 jobs. No news there yet, unfortunately.
But this is new: I've managed to hook my wife on German Eierkuchen, or thin pancakes (like crepes). Hehe. We even had them for mid-day meal today. How awesome is that! I think I can start working now on Mustard Eggs and Sauerkraut. Muahahahaha!

1 comment:

StB said...

Senfeier, Yeah!

I would like to have a great job, but I can understand your feelings and I don't think a stay-home-husband is such a bad thing. You lucky bastard...