Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cold Steal

Man, it's cold here. Walking to work in the morning really is no fun (legs get cold, and somehow the icy chill keeps crawling up from below under the fat winter parka), though for some weird reason it seems warmer in the morning than at lunchtime, when I walk home again for some food. In the evening today (at -32) I almost froze my nose off. Wearing long johns helped with the legs, and was also very beneficial at work: Thursday is usually delivery day, so the big fucking warehouse door is open all the fucking time, exposing people who are supposed to be warm inside to the outside cold. And I, working away in my little room, busy sticking stickers on merchandise, counting shit, perforating clothes in order to protect them from getting stolen, am one of those persons, but people keep running in and out of my workspace, and I don't know, either because, as we say where I come from, they have sacks ouside the doors, or because they are locals and therefore oblivious to the cold, they half the time leave my door open.
But haha! I just close the door. And I wear long johns.

You don't believe what kind of crap and shit people buy in stores. The most crappy accessoires, the even more crappy plastic toys, small and big, tiny shit, useless crap, cheap, plastic, colourful, 99% made in China, stuff that after a week ends up in some corner, never ever even looked at again in a century.
But I price it. Business is business! If people wanna buy crap, crap will be sold to them. I believe that for example LEGO is completely unknown in this area.
So people can buy fucked-up plastic neon automatic toy guns and shitty plastic swords that make sounds when a butten is pushed. And I price it.
And I security-tag it. All of it. So people can buy it and don't have to steal it. Oh yeah, stealing. Here's what people do to buy clothes without paying: They go to the home hardware isle and look for wire cutters. They pick up the wire cutters (even take them out of the package), go to the clothes department, pick what they like, cut off the plastic "u.f.o.", put the garment on, et voilá, clothing obtained. Now all they have to do is walk out through the security barrier.
Or so they think.
Hehe.
Because if they do, the alarm will sound: MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP and someone looking as if he's working there will yell: The red bag, the red bag, stop right there!!
And we see it's Matt Damon, who suddenly remembers his UFC-skills.
How exciting a workday I have!
Luckily tomorrow I have a day off.
To even-up that I work saturday instead. And sunday. Yay!

Right now at present I am already totally surprised.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hello hendrik,
i continue to comment your posts in my bad english, because i guess your german-skill declined to 3 or 4 out of 1000 possible, so that you would have bigger difficulties to understand me. (even if i know, that fulfilling the german-text-reading-quest would enhance your german-skills again, but who cares...)

At first:

Happy new year!

At second:

If I were you, i would create a non-oversighable "please shut the door, after using it, or you'll lose a collegue to the sinister world of malady, which would force you to make his - b.t.w. not that unexciting - work." - shield and put it and its copy on both sides of the door.of course one on each should be enough.

At third:

I hold that it is not the crap-demand that determines the crap-supply, like you told. i think you could offer little self-made poo-poo-manikins (Kackemännchen :-) and the people would buy it if you would offer it for 4,99$ and ad a shield where it's indicated that the buying person safes 50% or gets an extra poo-poo-childy if he buys a poo-poo-manikin and his poo-poo-wife at ones.
they just want to consume and feel good because they spare money while doing it, no matter what they buy...
probalby its like that - or not.

yours sincerely
poo-poo-ericy

Unknown said...

Hey Hendrik, also from me a Happy New Year to you both guys!!!

Relating snow I had a similar experience today. I didn´t drive for a week and now my car is desperately stuck in an evil hill of snow and ice. Now I have to wait till spring to go grocery shopping at Kaufland...and choose crappy Hasselbachplatz-Edeka in the meantime. The one on the opposite street of your former flat (greetings to Eric by the way!!).

And: thanks for your info relating the lack of LEGO supply in Canada, I´ll think about it from a business standpoint :)

Brato said...

well, they have it elsewhere in the country, just not here in bf-no-where...