Friday, January 29, 2010

Krazy Krazy

I managed to finally repair my glasses in a satisfying way.

Items needed:
- 1 drop of Krazy Glue
- about 5 cm (cut to maybe 5mm wide stripes) of black electrical tape

Result:
I think it'll hold for the necessary time. (Do you see the whiteness on the arm? The frame is losing its color. What was once black is getting all white. Kind of like Michael Jackson. I think it's because of frost - the glasses, of course. Michael I'm sure didn't get much frost in California. By the way, the other day I pricetagged "This is it", the DVD. It's finally out and available. I am really curious to see it.)

I also made an appointment with an eye doctor 12 days from today in the next bigger town. On that occasion I will purchase two pairs of new glasses, too. It's been almost three years after all. I will have scratch-free vision again! (And it's always good to have an extra pair.)
I wonder what kind of variety of glasses they offer over there in town. Reason to worry: Town is just one step ahead of bumfuck. Reason not to worry: Town is the only place to buy glasses for at least 6 hours (driving) in every direction. Maybe more.
Heavy. Where I come from you drive 6 hours you are in a different country, maybe even just entering a third.
Krazy World.

1 comment:

Astrid Rose said...

hey, you know you can buy frames online and have the glasses store make the lenses for you? Call ahead and ask the store if they do in fact do stuff like that. You know, if their only option is "rapist glasses"...a risk in bumfuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY&feature=PlayList&p=D0A4F31326171EF5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33