Friday, January 8, 2010

More Cold

Whee, it's cold.
The other day I walked out the door in the morning, it was -15. It felt pleasantly warm, like a warm spring day, very nice. I guess that's what happens when it's constantly around -30.
The lakes are completely frozen over, and people use them as shortcuts to get to places. They drive on the ice with their cars and trucks. What amazes is me the dogs: They still hang around outside everywhere, doing their dog-stuff, and they don't freeze to death. Two humans already froze to death this winter. The dogs don't. They live and bark and wag their tails and jump people.
There's someting beautiful about all this cold winter scenery, though. The houses seem to duck down in the snow, and all the white brightness makes everything appear extra-focused, like HD vision. Youn wanna linger and enjoy it for a while. But then the cold wind hits you from the side and you think: Fuck this, I'd better get inside, where I can run around with my long johns on, and without my outer pants, and play video games all day.

No comments: