Monday, January 11, 2010

Head Cold

Bah. I got this terrible cold. It started with a slightly sore throat on friday, and delevoped further over the weekend, including evil night time sweat. Using over-the-counter daytime-all-in-one-anti-cold medication I willed myself to work on saturday and sunday, which was easier than expected. While getting up in the morning and walking to the store was a pain in the ass, the actual worktime went by quickly and without much thought of the sickness, probably because I kept swallowing those extra strength pills. Today the cold reached the stage of constant nose-full-of-snottiness, sneezing and coughing, accompanied by this very crude feeling as if the nose was dried out totally, while producing a constant stream of snot. I also kept drinking Buckley's, and it hurts like crazy for about 15 seconds in what feels like all the way down to the furthest ends of the lungs.
Well.
I restocked on anti-cold-pills, so I can go to work tomorrow.
I hope this will pass soon.

Yesterday I also watched a movie with Michael Douglas, called The Sentinel. Not bad, actually, enjoyable, especially while waiting for the next season of 24. I had to remind myself all the time: No, not Kiefer Sutherland, not him, Michael Douglas has the leading role, not Kiefer, not Kiefer!

No comments: